10.12.2004

mentality

when u get the mentality right, ur future seems less gloomy

for the past few weeks and months, i have been uncertain about my future. university choice has been the central issue, which is future complicated by financial and citizenship matters. i was deeply troubled. i was unsure of my determination to attend US or UK universities. i was unsure of my family's financial status. i found myself in a dilemma. whatever choice i make, i can't justify it.

maybe that's the beauty of life, as u put ur own thought under vivisection, until u see the true colour of ur heart and ur mind. faith is something that which we imagine to be true. for me, there were two foundamental principles i wanna adhere to.

1. try as far as possible to retain my citizenship
2. try as far as possible not to overload my family's financial burden.

rule 1 may be subjected to change. 人在江湖,身不由己. but rule 2, hehe, 这是我们老周家的传统.

yups. i'll try my best to apply to uk and us. i'll apply with financial aid for those need-blind universities, and without financial aid for those 'need-visual'? hehe. and i'll settle for a place in nus or ntu if my applications don't get through.

the future's not clear, but at least, it is not so dark.

1 Comments:

Blogger ecKs said...

yo! dun mind if i quote your last sentence eh. =)

11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home