3.08.2005

should've posted this post long ago...

written 5/3

maybe it was because i had dreamed about it and thought about it, i was not that excited when i heard about my results from miss ng. i went up to the stage, but realised it was not that exciting as i had expected. oh well, it was just a shaking-hand session with mr ang. i was more happy to see yongxun jumped and 'yeahed' when he found out he got 4As later, and was saddened, as my roommate refused to tell me his results. obviously it was way below his expectation.
i actually expected some form of class dinner or outing after the release of the results... i'm very eager to treat u, hehe. but when i turned around after i had signed on the blue sheet of paper, i realised that quite a number of pple had gone out of my vision. well... that was still half expected. people should enjoy themselves after two years of hard work with, or seek support from, their dearest friends, instead of being 'formalistic' to stay with their own class.
then i decided to go back to hostel, and show the J3 scholars how to retrieve their letters. at least i saw my hard work of sorting hundreds of letter in hostel reaped its fruit. quite a sense of satisfaction as i saw my friends not missing their important letters on university admissions and personal stuff.
of course i called my parents. since they are probably still at work, i called on their 'xiao ling tong'- a mobile service with fix-line telephone rate. they were rather surprised getting an overseas call when they were still at work on their xiao ling tong. they were very happy.
btw as mr ang was introducing lim yi fan who got 8 distinctions and 1 s-paper merit, i was thinking, and probably complaining, why had the school set the criteria of taking 3 s-papers so high? what will happen if i'm allowed to take the math-s?
then eventuall i figured it out: i'll get the distinction of math s. as for gp, god knows......
the 1 from gp was really a bonus. i was expecting most likely an A2 or B3. B4 is the bottomline. if anything below that had come out i would put up a very long face. i was expecting a 25% of getting a 1 actually. i was having the same expectation before O-level results released two years ago, and it turned out to be a 2. this year i get a bit luckier.
anyway, thanks goes to my teachers and tutors who gave me the guidance, my friends and family for their support, and to the half of my mentality which had drived me to do my best. such a score would probably get me shortlisted by some scholarship agencies, but the score won't talk during the interviews and assessments...
i've got a highlighted comma, and i hope i can get a happy ending as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home